5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Jeff Hester 1 week, 3 days ago
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jason Megraw
    Participant
    @jmegraw

Hi! I am interested in the Arizona Winter 6POP Challenge. The page says it's closed as of April; does that mean it's closed for 2018 / 2019, and there will be a new opportunity to sign up for the 2019 / 2020 season? If so, when does it start? Will it be the same peaks listed on the page? I plan on hiking in the area in December and it would be great to have a challenge! Thanks!

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster
    @Jeff

Hey Jason, thanks for the great question!

Registration for the 2018/19 winter challenge is closed, because, well, the challenge ended on April 30th. There WILL be a 2019/20 winter challenge. The challenge hike dates run from November 1 to April 30th, and we don't yet know what the exact peak lineup will be, or if there will be changes at all. Typically we open an “early-bird” registration one month before the actual challenge begins, so that would be around October 1st.

Jason Megraw
    Participant
    @jmegraw

Perfect! Looking forward to it!

Brandi Rubin
    Participant
    @Fun_Shine_Hiker

I am a so. cal baby…also waiting on the details of the Arizona winter challenge so I can plan travel….biting my fingers waiting. I'm so impatient…Ugh. Lol

Jane Olson
    Participant
    @janeolson

Looks like the AZ Winter 2020 challenge is identical to 2019. Sure wish it would have included some new peaks.

Jeff Hester
    Keymaster
    @Jeff

Looks like the AZ Winter 2020 challenge is identical to 2019. Sure wish it would have included some new peaks.

What peaks would you like to see included?

I'm planning to try to hike them using different trails from last year: Camelback via Echo Canyon; Piestewa via Dreamy Draw; Wasson Peak via the Sweetwater Trail; and so on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.