fbpx

Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Website Help Social Hiker App Issues logging your hikes from the Social Hiker app?

• Issues logging your hikes from the Social Hiker app?

Posted by Jeff on December 5, 2021 at 4:48 pm

If you’re using the iPhone app and you’ve run into the problem where you get an “You must be logged in…” on the hike log form even when you are logged in, there is a solution:

1. First make sure you’re running the latest version of the app. As of December 5, 2022 the current build version is 0.1.4 (15). You’ll find this in the app under Settings > About.
    2. Logout of the app. To logout of the app, go to Settings > Logout (you’ll find it at the bottom of the settings screen). Note that closing the app and even shutting the app down will not log you out.
    3. Login to the app.

Once you’ve completed these steps, you should be able to log your hikes again.

ANDROID USERS: The steps are the same.

Jeff replied 3 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Tony

December 9, 2021 at 7:20 am

Just downloaded the latest version.

• Tony

December 9, 2021 at 7:21 am

My version

• Michelle

December 13, 2021 at 10:18 am

Still it does not work after I updated

• Jeff

Administrator
      December 13, 2021 at 4:28 pm

Hi Michelle!

As a fall back, use the website (either on your phone or a computer will work) to log your hikes. Please send an email to support@socialadventures.net and we will follow up and sort out the issue with the app.

• Karl

January 30, 2022 at 9:21 am

Ugh! I updated the App, confirmed that I was logged in, and wrote a few paragraphs. Twice I got the dreaded “You must be logged in” message after submitting my log. (iPhone Xr, iOS 15.0.1)