fbpx

Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Logging hikes is next to impossible

• Logging hikes is next to impossible

Posted by Andrew on September 18, 2022 at 4:14 am

Every time I write a long description, add a bunch of photos, etc. – the website has a critical error and cannot update my hike. Anyone else experience this?

Andrew replied 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Lindsey

September 20, 2022 at 1:51 pm

YES! And it is incredibly frustrating. I have learned to copy the text I type out before I try and post the photos, and hit continue knowing it will crash and lose all my hard work. I have better luck when I have a secure wi-fi connection!

• Andrew

September 21, 2022 at 7:52 am

Thanks for the suggestion, Lindsey 😁

• Jeff

Administrator
    September 20, 2022 at 4:25 pm

Super frustrating, for sure. Logging hikes can take a while depending on how many photos you attach and how big they are.

Lindsey has a great suggestion (though we will be upgrading our servers in October). In the meantime, if you DO get an error message when you try to log a hike, it would really help us debug the issue if you can grab a screenshot (or copy the text of the error) and send it to [email protected]

When I was logging my hikes for the New England challenge last month, I used the Social Hiker app for about four of them, and my laptop for the other two.

Thanks for your patience. This WILL get better!

• Andrew

September 21, 2022 at 7:52 am

Thanks, Jeff!