fbpx

Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Home Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Looking for SoCal hiking buddies

• Looking for SoCal hiking buddies

• Jenna

July 21, 2020 at 11:34 am

Hi~ I just signed up for the challenge and am looking for hiking buddies who I can carpool with. I'm in Los Angeles and have a National Park pass which covers many places that require the state park pass. I'll chip in on gas. Last but not least, I recently tested negative for COVID, will wear a mask in the car as well as during the hike as needed, and am in general pretty cautious when it comes to COVID. Hit me up if you're interested/willing for some company.

• This discussion was modified 3 months ago by  Jenna.
  • CatalinaT

July 21, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Hi Jenna,

I didn't sign up for this year's challenge but I will be doing it by myself (no logging it in the website) starting in August 8. My tentative plan is to hike Mt Wilson on 8/8, Cucamonga on 8/15, San Antonio on 8/22, San Bernardino on 8/29, San Jacinto in 9/5, and San Gorgonio on 9/12. Let me know if you would like to join me in any of these hikes. My hiking pace is medium/slow. I live in West Covina.

• Albertina

July 22, 2020 at 10:52 pm

I have the same problem , I always looking for friends to hike . you can contact me I almost finish I need to do san jancinto again , 4 more is San Diego and sawmill

• Albertina

July 22, 2020 at 10:53 pm

can I go with you guys to san jancinto?

• Jenna

July 25, 2020 at 5:08 pm

Hi Catalina – thanks for your message! Apologies for the delay. Sounds like an awesome schedule. I just sent you a connection request. Would love to talk more to see how we can connect for some of these hikes.

• Jenna

July 25, 2020 at 5:10 pm

Hi Albertina – thanks for the reply! I also sent you a connection request. Maybe something will work out!

• Christine

July 28, 2020 at 8:47 am

I too am looking for hiking buddies

• Jenna

July 29, 2020 at 9:24 pm

Hi Christine – cool! Are you also in LA?

• Noemi

August 1, 2020 at 10:23 am

i’m in the westside, I always need partners, I have 6 left of 18. anyone need to do high point, cuyamaca, or santiago??

• Jenna

August 7, 2020 at 10:40 am

Hi Noemi! Sorry for the slow reply. I'm interested in Santiago. I sent you a connection request and would be interested in making plans. Thanks for your reply!

• Christine

August 16, 2020 at 6:07 pm

Hi- No I’m in San Diego

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now