fbpx

Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Home Forums Website Help We have moved to a new web server!

Tagged: 

• We have moved to a new web server!

Jeff updated 1 month, 1 week ago 5 Members · 11 Posts
  • Jeff

Administrator
    December 3, 2020 at 10:21 am

SocialHiker.net has moved to a new web server. We're preparing to provide improved performance and scalability as we get ready to launch our first app late in the first quarter of 2021.

If you encounter any problems or issues, please let me me know in this forum.

• Jenn

January 2, 2021 at 11:53 am

Hi Jeff,

Happy New Year! I finished logging my NorCal2020 hikes late last night. As tech does when in hurry, pages were very slow to respond/ load, froze while I was typingIx and was logged out twice and had to redo those. Long story longer, I got it done- hurrah – and all badges were showing. This morning, yhe Mission Peak and 2020 Challenger badges are gone and I do not see my Mt. Um post. Can you link me to an FAQ what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for a great challenge. Ready to do it all again and expand our territory when the pandemic settles down.

• Jeff

Administrator
    January 4, 2021 at 10:55 am

First of all, congratulations on getting all those hikes logged and completing the challenge!

Second, not sure why those two badges “disappeared”. Your Mission Peak hike log was still there. Anyhow, they are there now.

The last few days before an the first few after New Years have been crazy busy, so I'm going to chalk it up to a ghost in the machine (or 2020s last gasp). We will keep an eye on this to see if it's a recurring issue, but as of now, it doesn't appear to be.

Happy New Year!

• Jeremy Lockwood

February 25, 2021 at 1:13 pm

Hey I am trying to register for the Colorado 2021 challenge, but everything is 2020. Can you get this fixed for us? Thanx Jeremy

• Jeff

Administrator
    February 25, 2021 at 1:49 pm
  • Sharon Stanley

February 28, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Hi Jeff,

I seem to have uploaded my photos for Cucamonga Peak again for my Mount Baldy hike. I didn't see any way to delete the photos or delete my logged hike. Any way to fix this?

• Jeff

Administrator
    March 1, 2021 at 5:08 am

Hi Sharon! Go ahead and create a new hike log for Mount Baldy (you can copy/paste the parts that apply) and then we can delete the old one.

• Sharon Stanley

March 1, 2021 at 2:53 pm
  • Jeff

Administrator
    March 1, 2021 at 3:26 pm

Thanks Sharon! It's been deleted.

• Andrea

March 3, 2021 at 1:10 pm

Hi, Jeff!

I made an uh-oh on my “Volcan Mountain” log, tried to back out, then it got uploaded anyways. Can you delete that one (https://socialhiker.net/hike_log/volcan-mountain-109/) for me please? Thanks in advance!

Volcan Mountain

• Jeff

Administrator
    March 3, 2021 at 7:23 pm

What uh-oh? (it's been deleted). 😉

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now