|Peak Summited||2020 El Cajon Mountain|
|Type of Hike||Day hike|
|Trailhead||El Cajon Mountain Trail|
|Hiking Companions||Hiked with a group|
|Road Conditions||Road suitable for all vehicles|
|Bug Status||Bugs were not too bad|
|Snow Conditions||Snow free|
|Trail Conditions||Minor obstacles posing few problems|
El Cajon Mountain
March 22nd, 2020
3 take aways from this hike; and then some:
- The all trails map says this trail is closed, it is not. The gate allows people to park there and plenty of hikers on the trail.
- A lot of hills before the summit, which means when descend you still have to climb back over these hills so save your energy.
- Some of the trail is washed out. So the dirty is a bit slippery, one of our friends slipped and scrapped his knee. He was fine, but we just had to be careful going slow.
- I started at 1045am, summited at 1:30pm and finished at 4:30pm
- social distancing 😉
- bring sunscreen because there isn't much shade