|Peak Summited||2020 Strawberry Peak|
|Type of Hike||Day hike|
|Trailhead||Strawberry Peak Trail via Redbox Canyon|
|Hiking Companions||Hiked with a group|
|Road Conditions||Road suitable for all vehicles|
|Bug Status||Bugs were not too bad|
|Snow Conditions||Snow free|
|Trail Conditions||Minor obstacles posing few problems|
January 10th, 2020
3 take aways from this hike; and then some:
- Plenty of parking, no snow/ice on the road to the trail head parking, suitable for any car.
- Pretty smooth hike, I hiked with a group of friends who do not really hike, it was very enjoyable for them (for the most part haha, except the last mile).
- The last mile is tough, you are on your toes working out your calves most of the way. There is a bit of snow on the trail, but you do not need any snow gear.
- I started pretty late, around 12pm and finished around 4pm. We took our time taking pictures and enjoying it up. The sun was going down on most of the parts of the trail around 4pm, would advise to hike before 12pm. All in all a really good trip, no problems 🙂
- There are 3 strawberry peak signs at the top. Pretty awesome designs on each of them, makes for a good picture.