Mount Pinos Peak
April 27th, 2019
3 take aways from this hike; and then some:
- Holy cow this place is far to get to! It is right at the border at Kern County, which is almost at bakersfield; it took me 5 hours round trip to drive, basically a drive to NorCal.
- Way, and I mean Way Too Easy. I don't really say this, but this peak wasn't the 6 pack of peak “challenge” I was looking for. And personally, I do not think that this can be an alternative to one of the original six, the challenge was a disappointing. I find other hikes like echo mountain (low-moderate) or even Iron Mountain (med-hard) a more suitable substitute pack of peaks challenge.
- Snow is all but gone. Sure there is still some snow patches here and there, but there is no need for microspikes, crampons, or ice axe; it will get even more clearer by the day.
- Trail-head was clear condition.
- I did not drink any water at all on the hike, it was pretty simple and strenuous-free the whole way.
- I met a lot of nice people on the way there from north Los Angeles and Bakersfield county.
- It took me 1 hour 30 mins RT. I was walking gingerly, enjoying the short hike. I even stopped to talk to people for a good amount of time.