Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire Looking to Form a SoCal 6-Pack Group

• Looking to Form a SoCal 6-Pack Group

Posted by Samantha on February 8, 2020 at 3:36 pm

Hey there, I’m an experienced hiker located in San Diego. I’m looking for people to complete the SoCal 6-Pack of Peaks Challenge before June! Please ping me if any of these dates work: February 15th, February 22nd, March 28th, April 4th, April 11th, April 18th, April 25th, May 2nd, May 9th, May 16th, May 23rd, May 30th!

Sonia replied 3 years, 10 months ago 8 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Ryan

February 8, 2020 at 4:32 pm

Not Feb 22 but the 23 I’ll be doing High Point. Not sure if you have flexibility on that.

• Dale

February 14, 2020 at 10:23 pm

I’ll be doing High Point on Sunday (2/16) which will leave me with Cuyamaca and Hot Spring Mt. left to do for my SD6POP, ultimately I want to do all 18. Saturdays are tough as I work half a day so I try to get my hikes in on Friday or Sunday (my regular days off).

• Kate

February 20, 2020 at 8:45 am

Hi there! I’m a SoCal Challenger from Colorado, and I’ll be in San Diego March 7th and 8th to complete two hikes (Mount Woodson and El Cajon seem to be closest to the city?) – hoping to find a group to join me!

• Aaron

February 23, 2020 at 4:57 am

I am also looking to do the hikes over that time frame. I am a good hiker but do not have any mountaineering equipment or snow equipment. I have already done mount Wilson.

• Trinh

February 23, 2020 at 5:13 am

Dear Kate! I may be able to join you that weekend. I would be able to confirm closer to the date. I help my family care for our 94 yo mother. Found a caregiver but don’t know if she would work out so I can’t confirm right now. I’ll check back here closer to date.

• Trinh

February 23, 2020 at 5:24 am

Dear Samantha!

Do you know yet where you will go on 4/25, 5/2, 5/23? I am a moderate hiker. I’ve done El Cajon (6 hrs) a few time and Wilson once (7 hrs).

I also live in San Diego.

I am interested in hiking with a group if possible.

Thank you, Trinh

• Melissa

February 23, 2020 at 6:56 am

Hello All,

I do have a group of friends who are doing this challenge, let me know if anyone wants to join us. We have hikes and camping trips scheduled throughout the year.

• Dale

February 23, 2020 at 7:09 am

Hi Melissa, I’d be happy to join you, my schedule is a bit wonky with Fridays and Sundays off, but if you keep me in the loop on your planned hikes I’m sure I’d be able to join up with your group on some treks 🙂 Haha, you were brave souls doing High Point yesterday – how was the weather? I’m headed out shortly to do Hot Springs Mt 🙂

• Aaron

February 29, 2020 at 9:34 am

Due to the snows on the higher peaks, I am looking to do Sitton Peak tomorrow 1 March 2020. Anyone interested?

• Trinh

February 29, 2020 at 10:57 am

Aaron! I am working so I can’t join you. Please post your bike. If I am able to, I’d love to join you and other hikers.

• Trinh

February 29, 2020 at 11:00 am

Hi Melissa! Do you post your hikes here or FB? I am a nurse so my schedule fluctuates but I do have it at least 4 weeks in advance. I would love to hike with others. It’s a bit lonely hiking by myself ????

• Dale

February 29, 2020 at 12:07 pm

@aaron-meek I’ve mentally prepared myself to do Santiago Peak tomorrow 1 March, NWS prediction for that area are cold temps 40º at 7 am dropping to 33º by 6 pm (wind chills will feel like 30-22 respectively), the chance of snow showers throughout the day with 0.3 inches max. I’m okay with the snow, I’d rather hike in that than rain. I’m just gearing up to be warm. It’s a long hike and a 2.5 hr drive from my house, so I’m targeting to start on the trail no later than 7 am, earlier if I can drag myself out of bed 🙂

Weather for Sitton Peak should be more hospitable, only 30% chance of rain showers, expect it to be windy at the top (it was when I did it a couple of weeks ago) Have a good hike, the last bit of Sitton is a steep scramble, kind of fun but definitely bring your poles for that.

• Aaron

February 29, 2020 at 5:40 pm

@Melissa

I would like to join your group if our schedules line up. I am definitely looking to break up the routine of hiking solo.

• Aaron

March 1, 2020 at 7:43 pm

I did Sitton peak today. Fun easy hike.

I will post up the pics and a screenshot of my gps log later this week.

• Trinh

March 1, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Aaron! Great job.

Page 1 of 2

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: