Looking for people to hike with? Here are just a few of the hiking groups and clubs in regions where there is a Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge. Some of these groups organize hikes up some or even all of the peaks in the challenge, while others organize a range of hikes, giving you an opportunity to train and meet other like-minded hikers.
- Adirondack Mountain Club – The Adirondack Mountain Club puts on a wide variety of educational and fun events that will help you get outside and meet like minded adventurers.
- The Adirondack 4,000 Footer Club – A large Facebook group that is dedicated to people climbing the 4,000 foot mountains of New York. The Six-Pack includes Phelps Mountain, Cascade Mountain, Algonquin Peak, and Mount Marcy which are over 4,000 feet.
- Smokey Mountain Hiking Club – This hiking club schedules regular hikes throughout Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Great Smokies Hiking & Adventure Group – This large Meetup group schedules many hikes throughout the area with both popular and new trails.
- Responsible Stewardship – While not hiking events, Responsible Stewardship puts on trail and park cleanup events and is a great way to give back to the trails you use and meet other hikers.
- Amazing Arizona Adventures – Led by David Fitzpatrick, they organize hikes, kayaking and other outdoor adventures throughout Arizona.
- Central Coast Hiking Group – This hiking meetup hosts hikes throughout the California Central Coast area and is a great way to meet other hikers.
- Bend Hiking Meetup – Hosted by our very own Chief Adventure Officer, Jeff, this Meetup group gets together to hike the Central Oregon Six-Pack of peaks and other great trails in the area.
- Deschutes Land Trust – Join the Deschutes Land Trust to hike with experts on geology, wildflowers, and birding to learn while you train for the Six-Pack.
- Colorado Mountain Club – The Colorado Mountain Club has been working for over 100 years to educate and conserve the wilderness of Colorado. They also host many hiking and mountaineering events that will help you prepare for the Six-Pack of peaks.
- Trails and Ales – This active Meetup group hosts group hikes around the Denver area for all experience levels.
- Tahoe Rim Trail Association – Whether you want to learn about birds, get better at photography, or just meet other hikers guided hikes through the Tahoe Rim Trail Association have it all.
- Tahoe Adventurers – This Meetup group offers many different ways (including hikes) for adventure seekers to explore Lake Tahoe.
- VegasHikers – A massive Meetup group that plans numerous hiking and scrambling events every day of the week.
- Appalachian Mountain Club – With chapters across the New England region the Appalachian Mountain Club hosts hikes and teaches mountain safety courses.
- New Mexico Mountain Club – Join the New Mexico Mountain Club and get access to group hikes across the state to meet other hikers.
- Santa Fe Sierra Club – Join outings with the Santa Fe Sierra Club and explore trails across Northern New Mexico.
- Redding Ramblers Hiking Group – This Meetup group connects hikers around Redding and helps people find new trails.
- Inter-Mountain Alpine Club – This organization sports a busy events calendar and works to promote enjoyment of the outdoors.
- Seattle Get up Get on Out – This Seattle based Meetup group hosts hikes each weekend for all activity levels.
- Tenderfoot Adventures – This active Meetup group is for hikers that are over 55 years old. They plan numerous weekly hikes throughout the Puget Sound region.
- WTA – The Washington Trails Association maintains a large list of hiking groups throughout the state of Washington.
San Francisco Bay Area
- Sierra Club – The San Francisco branch of the Sierra Club offers weekly hikes and other outdoor educational activities that are open to anyone.
- Hiking Mount Tamalpais with a Guide – While the organizer of this Meetup group is not actually a professional guide you will get to hike one of the Six-Pack peaks with someone else that loves to hike.
- Bay Area – Hike On! – This meetup group holds numerous weekly hikes around the greater Bay Area.
- San Diego Happy Feet – is a facebook group where you’ll meet new friends while enjoying the great outdoors and going on group adventures! This is a very active group with regular events, from hiking (mainly), to backpacking, camping, snowboarding/skiing, running, cycling, kayaking, paddle boarding, road trips and international travels, and fun social events!
- Heritage Hiking Club – Led by Bill Furey, they plan big trips like an annual trek to Havasupai Falls as well as local training hikes and hikes on the SoCal Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge.
- Hike Beyond The Hills – This Facebook group was started by CeCe Lorthioir when she was training for the Inca Trail in 2015. They have organized hikes on both the SoCal and San Diego Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge.
- Hiking Adventures for All (HAFA) – is a group that accommodates hikers of all levels, prioritizing safety and ensuring that no hiker is left behind. HAFA is a community of outdoor enthusiasts who share a passion for supporting others in their personal hiking journey.
- Hiking OC – This Meetup group is based in Orange County, California and hosted the first-ever group hikes on the SoCal Six-Pack of Peaks. Lots of local training hikes as well as bigger trips out-of-state (and sometimes internationally).
- Lazy Ass Hikers – This Inland Empire based Meetup group is anything but lazy. A range of hikes, both local and outside the area.
- Outdoor Adventures+ – This awesome group is a space for you, the everyday adventurer. Outdoor Adventures+ strives to connect people to nature with every adventure.
- Teachers That Trek – is a hiking community that hits the trails in order to fill that cup with loads of nature after a challenging week of work. It is a group that is all-inclusive, however, we really do appreciate those in education that join the group treks.
- Wasatch Mountain Club – The Wasatch Mountain Club is starting their second century of encouraging people to enjoy the mountains of Utah. They host numerous hikes each week around the Salt Lake City area.
- Utah Outdoors – This large Meetup group hosts numerous hikes a week ranging from bird watching to night hikes.
Do you have a group that you'd like to add to this list? Drop us a line and let us know!