Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challengeā„¢ Q&A San Bernardino Peak anyone?

• San Bernardino Peak anyone?

Posted by VERONICA on June 21, 2020 at 10:12 am

I’m fairly new to hiking and decided to sign up for the SoCal Challenge because I’ll be hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro in February for my birthday. I completed Cucamonga Peak and Mt. Baldy this week. I would like to hike San Bernardino Peak next, but don’t know anyone willing. Are there any organized groups within this network? I’ve tried joining hiking groups in my area, but their focus isn’t hiking high elevations. My fear is that I’ll get lost in the wilderness šŸ™‚ Below is me at Mt. Baldy summit. I made a wrong turn somewhere heading down and ended up a few miles from my intended end point. Sunglasses

VERONICA replied 3 years, 7 months ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Ton_bar81

June 21, 2020 at 12:07 pm

Hello Veronica, if you happen to have Facebook thereā€™s a group called SoCal hikers. You will be able to find hiking parters by posted that youā€™re looking for hiking buddy. .

• VERONICA

June 21, 2020 at 7:15 pm

Thank you for the info. I have just sent a request to join the group.

• Angeleshiker

June 21, 2020 at 10:05 pm

The Blister Sisters are usually up for a hike! You can post and usually someone will respond. Or lmk and I can connect you with a few members. Several Of them hiked Ontario this past weekend. https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlisterSistersMeetup/?ref=share

• Jeprox

July 10, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Itā€™s a beginner and itā€™s my first time signing up for this challenge and Iā€™m excited to hike all peaks! I just sent a request to join the blister sisters ???? on FB

• Daniel

July 12, 2020 at 6:58 am

I’m

Looking for the same. I just finished baldy and have done a ton through Northern Ca. Let me know when your going to do that hike.

• VERONICA

July 12, 2020 at 10:44 am

Hi Josette…Welcome…I finally hiked San Bernardino Peak yesterday. Perhaps we can meet up for a future hike. Good luck! ā›°????

• VERONICA

July 12, 2020 at 10:45 am

Hi Daniel…Just did it yesterday. Looking to do San Jacinto next. Have you done it before?

• Christine

July 28, 2020 at 8:34 am

So did I. Iā€™m not new to hiking but new to hiking groups Grinning

• VERONICA

August 1, 2020 at 10:45 am

Welcome Christine….I did San Jacinto and was planning to do San Gorgonio today, but due to the “Apple Fire” in the area, decided against it. It’s zero percent contained and I’m sure the air quality is not ideal for hiking.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: