Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire Updates to the Social Hiker App

• Updates to the Social Hiker App

Posted by SocialHiker on February 27, 2023 at 12:45 pm

Thanks to your feedback, we’ve made some big improvements to the Social Hiker App for iOS and Android. The new Dashboard is now the default screen when you first launch the app, and it gives you all of the functionality of the Dashboard on the website.

We’ve also added a “Log a Hike” option to the tab menu across the bottom of the app, putting it front and center.

And we’ve added the messenger to the tab menu as well.

The Catch? If you see “blank” areas on either the Dashboard or the Log a Hike screens, you probably need to update your app. To get full functionality, you’ll need to be running Core Version 1.9.0 or higher.

You can find your current version by going to Menu > Settings > About.

Not running the app yet, or need to update?

The app is free to download from either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

SocialHiker replied 1 year, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Pam

February 27, 2023 at 12:53 pm

Awesome! I’m going to update my app now!

• Linda

March 4, 2023 at 7:02 pm

Loving the updates!

• Lina

March 10, 2023 at 8:40 pm

Since the update, Problem with the San Diego challange series, when I click on it- it has no content. I tried Southern California as well and same result. Pls assist. I registered for that series and wanted to see the peaks as I can’t remember them all.

• SocialHiker

Administrator
      March 10, 2023 at 9:00 pm

Hi Lina! Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and the overview link was returning a 404. That sometimes happens when we are updating the server. The links should be working now. – Jeff

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: