Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challengeā„¢ Q&A Which Trailheads to start a climb up?

• Which Trailheads to start a climb up?

Posted by Stuart on May 3, 2023 at 1:37 pm

Sorry, I have problems identifying where to start the hikes from. I see the “peaks” but does it matter which trailhead we start with? The site is very slow and cumbersom for me, terribly sorry to ask what are probably simple questions. I am doing the OC Half this weekend but up for hikes the following weekend.

Stuart replied 10 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • SocialHiker

Administrator
    May 3, 2023 at 4:16 pm

No problem, Stuart. You are allowed to summit the peaks from any trailhead you choose. The peak list suggests some of our favorites, but you are welcome to improvise. The one caveat: it should be worthy of the challenge. So driving up Diablo or Umunhum would not be in the spirit of the challenge.

Some people start with the suggested routes the first year, and then switch it up the following year. Others look try to make it extra challenging, or bag a peak as part of a multi-day backpacking trip.

Also note that the list of peaks has links to detailed trail guides for those suggested routes, and sometimes alternate routes. But consider those a starting point.

We have answers to this and other questions about the challenge in our support center.

• Stuart

May 4, 2023 at 11:02 am

Thank you, this was very helpful. I want the challenge of the hike and challenge. My concern was starting at a point not considered the correct “start” point. Thank you once again.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: