|Peak Summited||2020 Strawberry Peak|
|Type of Hike||Day hike|
|Trailhead||Red Box Canyon|
|Hiking Companions||Hiked with a partner|
|Road Conditions||Road suitable for all vehicles|
|Bug Status||No bugs|
|Snow Conditions||Snow free|
|Trail Conditions||Trail in good condition|
- Hiked on Sunday, June 28 beginning at 12:45 pm.
- Road up to parking lot was covered in such heavy fog that we almost turned around. Once we got to within a mile or so of the parking lot, we were above the fog and it was a very sunny day.
- Trail is in great condition but there are a few spots that are narrow because of overgrowth. There is little shade. The last 0.8 miles up to the peak are more of a rock scramble and there are some minor slippery sandy areas. The peak itself is a very small area. I found the trail register but the signs seemed to be gone.
- Lots of lizards and butterflies!
- Beautiful views beginning very early in the hike and lasting throughout.
- There are no water sources on the trail.