Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire Colorado Six-Pack Road Trip in July 2019 Reply To: Colorado Six-Pack Road Trip in July 2019

• Jeff

Administrator
    February 13, 2019 at 10:25 am

Hey Carisa! We have some flexibility — I’m just putting some dates down to get things rolling. If you have a preference, let me know! Depending on snowfall this season, some of these peaks may still have some snow at the higher elevations. When I did Grays Peak on July 3rd, there were a couple snowfields we had to cross — nothing too technical, but nice to have micro spikes.

As I mentioned in my original post, we are planning a peak day followed by an off day. The “off” day can be used for other hikes or other activities. We are going to be bringing our dog Lucy, and she won’t quite be ready for tackling these (I don’t think… the rule of thumb is 5 minutes of hiking for each month of age). Joan may take her part way on some of these, then puppy-sit at the trailhead or in town.

We’re doing another road trip to Arizona and Utah in May with Lucy, so we’ll have a better feel for what works with the little scoundrel. 🙂

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: