Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire 19th Annual Seek the Peak Hike-a-thon

• 19th Annual Seek the Peak Hike-a-thon

Posted by Sasa on June 2, 2019 at 8:24 am

Hello fellow Six Pack of Peaks Challengers,

My name is Sasa (Sasha), I am this year’s New England Six Pack of Peaks challenger and one of the ambassadors for New England.

This year I am participating in 19th Annual Seek the Peak Hike-a-Thon which is an annual event with the goal to raise money for Mount Washington Observatory (MWObs). Mount Washington Observatory is a non-profit, scientific and educational organization which is located at the summit of Mount Washington, the highest peak in the US’s northeast (6,288 ft). Summit of Mount Washington is known for it’s unpredictable and fierce weather conditions and it’s also known as “The Home of World’s Worst Weather”. On April 12, 1934 observatory recorded wind gust of 231 miles per hour which was the highest wind speed recorded by man until 1996. Mt. Washington still holds the record for highest measured wind speed not associated with a tornado or tropical cyclone.

As a participant, I have a goal to raise a minimum of $200 by July 19th, when this event starts. On this occasion, I would like to ask you, Six Pack of Peaks community, to help me reach my goal and help this amazing organization to go on with its research. If you are willing to donate, please, visit the link that I provided below:

My Seek the Peak page

Also, I would be very grateful if you share my efforts among your hiking community.

Any donations are very welcomed and truly appreciated. Thank you very much for your help and support. I hope all of you will be able to hike Mt. Washington and visit this amazing and breathtaking place.

Happy trails.

Sasa replied 4 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: