Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire Adventure Ideas? Post them up!

• Adventure Ideas? Post them up!

Posted by Jeff on October 3, 2023 at 1:13 pm

Having an adventurous life doesn’t mean quitting your job and bikepacking from Alaska to the southern tip of South America (though it might). Adventure comes in all shapes and sizes, and there are plenty of clever ways to add adventures into your busy schedule NOW.

For me, committing to a big, scary goal is an adventure, which is one of the reasons I started the Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge. Registering for the challenge is a public act of commitment. A commitment of time, schedule, training and sacrifice to get it done. Having just finished the Central Oregon challenge yesterday, I’m feeling pretty good about that commitment, and it was definitely an adventure.

I’d like to hear your adventure ideas — be they BIG adventures, medium-sized, or micro-adventures. Let’s inspire each other!

Jae replied 2 weeks, 2 days ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Craig

November 28, 2023 at 1:12 am

Over Thanksgiving, we had a family hike at Painted Desert/Petrified Forest. Completed several off the beaten path hikes. Onyx Bridge (4mi), Clam Beds/Red Basin (8mi) and Billings Gap. No reliable trails to follow, used GPS coordinates and the park service directions. GPS was keeps us on track. We had a great time in the winderness.

• Tim

December 5, 2023 at 12:29 pm

The six pack of peak challenge has kick started my peak bagging journey.

I have since been working on the highest County Peaks in Utah (about 25% complete). Along with starting to grab the highest surrounding state peaks (did Humphreys in Arizona last month).

It’s a fun and semi-close by.

• Shawn

December 8, 2023 at 2:22 am

Final 3 peaks in my challenge are destined to be a great adventure to remember. Loving this Central Coast Challenge

• Jae

April 16, 2024 at 2:15 pm

Just completed Sawmill Mountain as well as hiking in snow a couple days ago and it was surreal!

definetely want to do more of this and eventually camp out in in the snow.

other than that also trying to do overnighters anywhere.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: