Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Arizona Winter Challenge

• Arizona Winter Challenge

Posted by Jason on July 22, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Hi! I am interested in the Arizona Winter 6POP Challenge. The page says it’s closed as of April; does that mean it’s closed for 2018 / 2019, and there will be a new opportunity to sign up for the 2019 / 2020 season? If so, when does it start? Will it be the same peaks listed on the page? I plan on hiking in the area in December and it would be great to have a challenge! Thanks!

Jeff replied 4 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    July 22, 2019 at 12:53 pm

Hey Jason, thanks for the great question!

Registration for the 2018/19 winter challenge is closed, because, well, the challenge ended on April 30th. There WILL be a 2019/20 winter challenge. The challenge hike dates run from November 1 to April 30th, and we don’t yet know what the exact peak lineup will be, or if there will be changes at all. Typically we open an “early-bird” registration one month before the actual challenge begins, so that would be around October 1st.

• Jason

July 23, 2019 at 8:10 am

Perfect! Looking forward to it!

• Brandi Rubin

September 23, 2019 at 8:39 pm

I am a so. cal baby…also waiting on the details of the Arizona winter challenge so I can plan travel….biting my fingers waiting. I’m so impatient…Ugh. Lol

• Jane Olson

October 4, 2019 at 6:23 am

Looks like the AZ Winter 2020 challenge is identical to 2019. Sure wish it would have included some new peaks.

• Jeff

Administrator
    October 4, 2019 at 9:02 am

[quote quote=65454]Looks like the AZ Winter 2020 challenge is identical to 2019. Sure wish it would have included some new peaks.[/quote]What peaks would you like to see included?

I’m planning to try to hike them using different trails from last year: Camelback via Echo Canyon; Piestewa via Dreamy Draw; Wasson Peak via the Sweetwater Trail; and so on.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: