Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire August Theme: Outdoor Photography

• August Theme: Outdoor Photography

Posted by Ethan on August 4, 2022 at 11:02 am

Our August theme is outdoor photography. Some of us take photos to remember our hikes while others do the hike strictly for the photos.

Share your best shots and earn entries into our August giveaway for a Joby tripod and a gift certificate for photo prints from Mpix.

Here are two of my favorite photos from July. One of them I took of Mount Stuart and the other is of me from a hike on South Sister.

Jeff replied 1 year, 7 months ago 10 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Derick

August 5, 2022 at 11:25 pm

Here’s some of my favorite photos from Kings Canyon

• Margaret Armstrong

August 8, 2022 at 4:05 pm

Here are a couple of my July hiking spree photos. The mountain in fog reminded me of how mysterious a mountain can be. I added the photo of Toby because he is a hiking trooper. I should get my head out of the clouds haha.

• Dennis

August 9, 2022 at 8:09 pm

Here are some photos during our Dusy Basin, Thousand Island Lake & High Sierra Trail hikes.

• Jeff

Administrator
      September 8, 2022 at 9:36 am

Man I miss the Sierra Nevada mountains!

• Esmeralda Rubio

August 11, 2022 at 8:38 am

nice pictures

• Claire

August 13, 2022 at 5:28 pm

Cloud’s Rest and Tenaya Lake in Yosemite

• Jeff

Administrator
      September 8, 2022 at 9:35 am

That shot at Tanaya Lake is so mirror-like! 🙌

• Chris

August 17, 2022 at 4:29 pm

First picture is a night at Parsons Landing Catalina Island in campsite #1 right on the beach. We used this years San Diego Six Peaks Challenge to prepare to hike the Tran Catalina Trail. The second picture is Clouds Rest Summit looking down into the Yosemite valley.

• Rob

August 22, 2022 at 8:21 pm

Not sure if last year counts, but my favorite hiking photo in recent memory is the first photo, taken last year at sunrise on the El Cajon Mountain hike.

The second two are from this July on San Bernardino Peak (me on the bench) and last weekend during the San Gorgonio hike.

• Jeff

Administrator
      September 8, 2022 at 9:34 am

Love that shot of sunrise at El Cajon. Any day I get above the inversion layer is a good day. 😉

• Jasmine

August 31, 2022 at 10:04 pm

here are some of my fav photos from the ocean to the deserts to the skyline of SD

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: