Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Caliente open gates or need an alternate route to th?

• Caliente open gates or need an alternate route to th?

Posted by Brandi Rubin on August 2, 2023 at 8:39 pm

Hi friends ~ drove up from South Orange County to hike a few trails, considering caliente but get conflicting report on hours gate is open. One site says 7:30 to access dirt road leading to Th and then another says the monument hours are 9a.m. -5p.m. so I am not sure what trail to access if any and what time to leave my campground, which is 2 hrs away from th…any insight is extremely appreciated.Thank you guys!

Shawn replied 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    August 4, 2023 at 11:39 am

Hi Brandi!

You can enter on Soda Lake Road from either the South or North entrance. There is a service road from the south west, but that gate remains locked.

The Carrizo Plain National Monument has a map showing the area and access.

https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/files/documents/files/CA_CarrizoPlain_NM.pdf

• Brandi Rubin

August 4, 2023 at 8:04 pm

thank you, I will check out those options. I appreciate you getting back to me.

B

• Shawn

September 2, 2023 at 1:44 pm

I was there two days ago. Very limited service and nearest gas station/food was at least 1/2 he away. I took the dirt road/service road to the parking lot and hiked from there. There’s a campground adjacent to the parking lot.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: