Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Challenge Expiration

• Challenge Expiration

Posted by Shawn on February 6, 2024 at 9:44 pm

I signed up in January, intended on completing a few while I was down in LA County. However, Mother Nature decided otherwise. I had to turn around 3 miles in on Mt Wilson because I was drenched.

How long exactly do I have to complete the SoCal Challenge? Is it 6 months or till end of the year? I live 3+ hrs away so I’d planned to make a trip each month. But with weather the way it is puts me behind. Should I back out of the challenge or will I still be able to finish before the deadline?

• This discussion was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Shawn.
    Lucy replied 2 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Mandie

February 6, 2024 at 10:20 pm

As far as I know you have the entire year.

• Shawn

February 7, 2024 at 3:14 am

Ok thanks Mandie … I shall plan to make a trip down to SoCal at least once a month to complete the challenge… I’d like to start on NorCal by summer

• Jeff

Administrator
      February 7, 2024 at 6:21 pm

Mandie is correct. You have through December 31st.

• Shawn

February 11, 2024 at 6:32 am

Thank you both, I’m hoping to get at least another challenge under my belt this year. I was originally under the impression I had six months. Maybe cause I’d started Central Coast in August & that deadline was end of year.

• Lucy

February 20, 2024 at 7:46 am

Oh thank you!! I was told I had 6 months and I was getting worried because we had to postpone a hike due to the weather. THANK YOU

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: