Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

• Posted by Brandon on February 22, 2022 at 4:31 pm

I know we posted a while ago about updating a hiker log. Was this issue resolved where we could edit our logs? I messed up on my Feb 13th Bear Mountain Summit Hike saying it was my fourth summit for this challenge when it was only my third time doing Bear.

Julie replied 1 year, 11 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    February 25, 2022 at 9:08 am

We donā€™t have the edit capability yet, but we can edit it for you.

• Brandon

March 1, 2022 at 1:14 pm

Jeff,

Thanks for the heads up. i am looking to edit My Hike Log February 13th of Bear Mountain to read as such:

February 13th I started our way up to summit Bear Mountain in Salisbury, CT via the Lionā€™s Head Trail up to the Appalachian Trail. This was my Third Summit of Bear Mountain for the Six Pack of Peaks: New England Challenge and Second Summit for 2022

It was a grey day with high clouds, chilly and had some snow flurries. Trail was ice covered by snow but nothing deep unless stepping off the trail. Trail had snow/ice so we recommend good traction such as micro spikes and snowshoes. I used spikes for this hike.

Summit had some wind and at times a bit chillier than at lower elevations but even with it being cloudy I had some amazing 360 views and were able to see some mountains off in the distance. Stopped at the summit for a few took some pictures and then heading back to the Trailhead.

It was beautiful hiking with snow flurries and at higher elevations there was snow on the trees and on the trail. Definitely a winter wonderland.

Definitely recommend this hike to others and worth the trip. Definitely be prepared.

• Ethan

March 3, 2022 at 8:10 am

Hi Brandon,

We have updated your Bear Mountain hike log with the new text. Good luck with the rest of the Six-Pack of Peaks!

• Brandon

March 10, 2022 at 6:41 am

Thank you! Much appreciated!

• Kim

March 28, 2022 at 11:38 am

I need my hike log edited. Simple spelling mistakeā€™s my phone made.šŸ™„ Also a photo is upside down. Why canā€™t we edit our own logā€™s? Also would be nice to be able to log a hike via the app otherwise what js the point of the app?

• Brandon

March 28, 2022 at 5:02 pm

Messed up on my recent post for Mount Monadnock:

Below is corrected text.

March 26th we started early before sunrise up to summit of Mount Monadnock in Jaffery, NH via the White Dot Trail up to the White Cross Trail. This was my Third Summit of Mount Monadnock for the Six Pack of Peaks: New England Challenge and Third Peak for 2022.

It was a beautiful day having blue skies, sunshine, high clouds. It was chilly at points and had some snow flurries later in the day. Trail was clear at lower elevations but as we got to higher elevations there was some remnants of snow and ice but nothing on the trails.

There were high clouds but mostly blue skies and sunny at the summit later in the afternoon clouds began to roll in with a chance of snow flurries at higher elevations and some sprinkles at lower elevations. At the summit we were welcomed to 360 views, towns nearby, closer peaks, next peaks; Mount Mansfield, and Mount Washington. Off in the distance we could make out the Boston Skyline. Was up at the summit for a little bit but hunkered behind some rocks to block from winds, we ate out snacks and had our drinks before we headed back down.

It was beautiful day for hiking.

Definitely recommend this hike to others and worth the trip. Definitely be prepared.

• Julie

April 24, 2022 at 1:52 pm

I need my recent hike edited its titled Sitton but I accidentally marked Baden-Powell Can it be fixed to sitton peak please

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: