Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Finished.. now what?

• Finished.. now what?

Posted by Lindsey on October 12, 2022 at 8:01 am

My hiking partner and I had an absolute hell of a time completing our six peaks for this challenge. I have zero regrets signing up for this. It pushed both of us outside our comfort zones, and confirmed deeply my love for the mountains. This last weekend was spent up on NH hiking within the white mountain national park, and it truly opened up a whole new world of what’s out there to conquer.

So what’s next?

I’ve seen challenges such at the NH48, and 52 with a view. Any other suggestions? I will continue pursuing my love for hiking through the winter as I did last year (wachusett mtn weekly!!), but I’d love some suggestions for next years goals.

In addition, is there any psychical award for completing this challenge? Or is it just the virtual patch? Thanks!

Lindsey replied 1 year, 6 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    October 12, 2022 at 8:39 am

Congratulations, Lindsey! 🙌

You will be getting a certificate of achievement and an embroidered patch to commemorate your accomplishment. We typically mail out a batch shortly after the end of the month, so expect yours sometime in early November.

There are tons of challenges in New England, but one that I would consider as a “lifetime” goal is The Grid — you hike each of the 48 4,000 footers in the White Mountains 12 times, once in each month. That’s 576 summits–something that most people set as a really long-term goal. Learn more here: http://www.48×12.com/

• Lindsey

October 12, 2022 at 8:41 am

That’s quite interesting! Thank you for the info !

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: