Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Forsee Creek Trailhead to San Berdoo/Anderson, etc

• Forsee Creek Trailhead to San Berdoo/Anderson, etc

Posted by Jacqueline on August 31, 2023 at 10:40 am

Has anyone tried accessing San Bernardino via Forsee Creek Trailhead? Thinking about bagging San Bernardino, and East Peak, and Anderson via this route, but want to hear about experiences, challenges, etc. Thanks!

Jacqueline replied 7 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    August 31, 2023 at 11:12 am

Hi Jacqueline! I did this a few years back (six, to be precise). We did an open loop and backpacked overnight on the divide. I’ve got photos and details here:

https://socalhiker.net/backpacking-san-bernardino-san-gorgonio-peaks/

A few notes, this was before the most recent fire, so it will likely look quite different. Also, the route up to the main San Bernardino Trail is steep and at times faint (that was back in 2017). Not a lot of people go this way.

I would check with the forest service if you can get through and see if they have any update on trail conditions, especially whether downed trees have been cleared and signage repaired, where necessary.

• Jacqueline

August 31, 2023 at 11:40 am

Thanks for the info, Jeff. It’ll be a help.

• James Harvey

September 4, 2023 at 11:49 am

I’ve done it a couple of times, but not since the fire, so your experience will be different.

I loved it. The trail up is pretty good. Anderson is very nice. A bit of a slog in knee deep snow, but really nice when the weather is good. Mind the bees.

I usually loop it and tag San Bernardino East and down to Columbine and then to John’s Meadows back to the trailhead. Not a fan of the last part, but in retrospect it’s OK.

East and San Bernardino. Then down

• Jacqueline

September 8, 2023 at 10:43 pm

Thanks! Your advice is very helpful.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: