Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Hiking Groups for the San Diego Six-Pack

• Hiking Groups for the San Diego Six-Pack

Posted by Michael on August 16, 2021 at 10:06 pm

What would you suggest the best ways to find hiking groups or partners to join and do the San Diego Six-Pack? I just started my San Diego Six-Pack not long ago and it seems not easy to connect with other challengers for tips or advises beside fragments of info gleaned from some of their posts, thanks.

Sean replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    August 22, 2021 at 3:11 pm

Some people have connected with hiking partners here in the forums, but your topic is about groups, so I’ll stick to that.

One good general resource is Meetup.com. There are a number of hiking groups in San Diego. In some cases they may even have events planned up one or more of the six peaks in the challenge, but in all cases, it’s a great way to meetup with other hikers from SD who may be interested in joining you.

Another good resource is Facebook. There are a couple of groups I’ll recommend:

Both groups have an active member base and regularly have folks connecting to hike together.

• Sean

August 25, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Hey Michael, just signed up for the SD Six Pack too. I plan on trying to do one a week if I can, just finished Volcan Mountain today. If you wanna try to join on the others, you’re more than welcome.

• Michael

August 28, 2021 at 9:13 pm

Thanks Sean. Are you a part of some hiking meetup group or hiker group for the Six-Pack in San Diego and what’s the best way to get in touch to chat more on details?

• Sean

September 2, 2021 at 9:10 am

Hey Michael!

Sorry, didn’t see this until today. For some reason there wasn’t a reply notification.

I’m not a part of any group, and here is probably the best place for me. I check in at least every morning.

• Michael

September 2, 2021 at 4:09 pm

Thanks. In that case, you might want to post your future SD Six-Pack hikes here, maybe some other people who have signed up for the Six-Pack Challenges may want to join you as well. I’ll join the hikes if no time or schedule conflicts.

• Sean

September 3, 2021 at 12:54 pm

I already posted something in the SD Six Pack group just over a week ago. No bites.

Either way, I think I’m gonna do Hot Springs next Tuesday 09/07. Aiming for a 7am start time.

I’ll post something on the SD page, just in case.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: