Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire Hiking groups

• Hiking groups

Posted by GERARDO GORDO GARCIA on January 4, 2018 at 11:09 pm

This is my first time doing the six-pack of peaks challenge, and I am so excited, but some of these hikes are very new to me, so i don’t know what to expect or i have to camp out for some of these hikes. Is there any groups that are joining together to challenge these hikes so i won’t hike them by myself.

Cecil replied 5 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    January 13, 2018 at 7:49 am

Hi Gerardo!

Here is a list of groups who have hiked the SoCal Six-Pack of Peaks in the past: https://sixpackofpeaks.com/hiking-groups-clubs/

I know that both Hike Beyond the Hills and Heritage Hiking Club have planned group hikes on the Six-Pack of Peaks. There are many other hiking groups on Meetup.com that also get involved. They don’t necessarily have to state that they are hiking the Six-Pack of Peaks — just look to see if they are hiking the individual peaks.

• Leigh T

January 22, 2018 at 10:10 am

Unfortunately, this won’t apply to you Gerardo, but Girls Who Hike LA chapter also has 6POP group hikes planned, for all lady hikers of different paces. In fact there’s also a series of training hikes to get some of members ready to tackle the 6POP which is going on right now.

There’s also Midweek Hikers, a group that often posts their upcoming group hikes on Instagram.

• Cecil

June 6, 2018 at 11:14 am

Hi Gerardo,

I hope this is not too late, but to add to the list already provided, Friends That Hike and L.A. Trail Hikers also do the 6-POP. Check out their Facebook page.

The Sierra Club also posts hikes that include the 6-POP. Here’s the link: https://angeles.sierraclub.org/activities.

Happy trails!

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: