Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A How to edit a logged hike?

• How to edit a logged hike?

Posted by Debra G. on February 18, 2018 at 8:33 pm

Hello,

I just posted a logged hike and cannot find any place to edit it. It posted two of the same photos twice and one photo is turned on its side. I also accidentally put in the wrong date.

Thank you for your help.

Debra

Nicole replied 3 years, 10 months ago 13 Members · 24 Replies
  • 24 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    February 19, 2018 at 6:41 am

Hi Debra! Let me know what the correct date is and we can fix it. There isn’t yet a way for you to edit your hikes, but we can make those changes for you — just send a message or even leave a comment on the hike log and we will take care of it. 😉

• Debra G.

February 19, 2018 at 8:04 am

Thank you Jeff! It was yesterday the 18th, not today the 19th. LOL!

I also learned that I need to not write about my experience when I am tired. I should wait until the next day when I have slept a full night and drank some coffee. I forgot to also mention all of the amazing six packers on the trail. It seemed like everyone was knocking out their first of six. Super cool!

Thank you again!

Debra

• Lisa

January 26, 2020 at 7:26 am

Hi Jeff,   Has the edit function been fixed?  I’ve been looking all morning.  If not could you remove my last hike (Mt. Wilson) so I can start over.  I don’t know why I started it when I got home.  Clearly I was too exhausted to think straight lol. 

I have more to add ???? 

Thank you

• Michael

January 26, 2020 at 8:47 am

Hi – Not sure how to reach site admin.  Any advice on how to log a hike?

• Jeff

Administrator
    January 27, 2020 at 7:00 am

Hi Michael! This short video gives you an overview of logging your hike and other common tasks: 

https://socialhiker.net/navigating-social-hiker/

Navigating Social Hiker

• Jeff

Administrator
    January 27, 2020 at 7:03 am

Hi Lisa! We are still sorting the edit function. You can resubmit your Mount Wilson hike log if you want, and then let me know which one is the “good” one and we can remove it. 

• Rana

January 27, 2020 at 3:47 pm

Hi There, I accidentally logged my hike for Mount Wilson, and it should have been for Sitton Peak.  I see there is not yet an edit feature.  Are you able to correct this for me? Thank so much! 

• Jeff

Administrator
    January 28, 2020 at 6:51 am

Rana — Fixed! Your profile also now correctly shows you’ve earned the Sitton Peak badge (not the Mt Wilson badge). 😉 

• Megan

January 28, 2020 at 9:37 am

Hi All, I need my logged hikes edited also; I got click-happy last night and I was not sure if my hikes were being logged/posted. My first one (far left; most recent) is all correct, but the other two are not.  I have not hiked Mt. Wilson yet, just Mt. Woodson,  would be so grateful to have this corrected, please 🙂

• Jeff

Administrator
    January 28, 2020 at 10:25 am

You got it, Megan! Cool black and white shot in the hike log! 

• Megan

January 28, 2020 at 10:48 am

Many thanks, @jeff! I love photography 🙂

• Dawn

February 22, 2020 at 12:31 pm

Hi, I missed spelled steep! Anyway you can correct it? Still groggy from yesterday’s 13 miles. Thanks Dawn Dizzy Face

• Jeff

Administrator
    February 23, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Fixed, Dawn! 🙂

• Cory

April 28, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Hi Jeff, I messed up two of my hike logs. My 11/30/19 hike should be for Wasson Peak (not Piestewa) and my 01/11/20 hike should be for Fremont Saddle (not Piestewa). Could you assist with correcting?

Thanks, Cory B.

• Sarah

April 28, 2020 at 8:52 pm

Hi Jeff – I accidentally logged one of my hikes twice. Could you please assist with removing the duplicate entry for 01/11/20 (Fremont Saddle)?

Thanks, Sarah H.

Page 1 of 2

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: