Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A How to start a group

• How to start a group

Posted by David on October 5, 2021 at 9:16 am

I have a Meetup group and had almost 20 hikers join Social Hikers Arizona Summer Challenge. I could not figure out how to make and connect everyone to one group on SocialHiker site? I would like to do a group again for Winter Challenge, BUT I want it as a Group so how do I start a group???

David replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    October 5, 2021 at 9:28 am

Hey David! We can get you setup with your group. Let me know what you want to name the group, and we will initiate it. Note that we also use the 2022 Arizona Winter Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge “group” to give challengers access to the hike log forms, so you’ll be able to invite folks to join your group, but they will also be members of the “whole challenge” group. Make sense?

• David

October 5, 2021 at 9:33 am

Yes, thank you! It was frustrating this last challenge with 20 people and I cannot find out who posted what and needed to complete what. Live and Learn with help from a friend (you)thank you! I hope this will make it better. The group name will be Amazing Arizona Adventures

• Jeff

Administrator
      October 6, 2021 at 9:59 am

It’s all setup: https://socialhiker.net/challenges/amazing-arizona-adventures/

The group is hidden, but you are setup as an organizer. You can edit the cover image and group avatar, and begin inviting members to the group. Note that they must be registered at the site to be invited.

Happy Trails!

• David

October 6, 2021 at 10:27 am

Thank you so much. Catch you on a mountain top somewhere!! enjoy the winter hikes!

• David

October 5, 2021 at 9:34 am

Thank You Jeff

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: