Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Looking for BETA on the California Central Coast Challenge

• Looking for BETA on the California Central Coast Challenge

Posted by Philip on January 17, 2023 at 2:45 pm

I plan to attempt the Central Coast Challenge over two weekends in February. I’d like to know if anyone has completed all 6 at any given time and, if so, I’d like to pick your brain a little. I want to combine some of the peaks into one day. Is this doable? If it is, which peaks would you recommend combining? I’ve reviewed the peak reviews, distances, elevation gains, etc. That said, the reviews don’t always tell the whole story. As an example, I want to do the 11.6 mile Alan Peak on the same day as the 3.4 mile Bishop Peak. Is that doable? I’m no stranger to hiking multiple peaks in the same day and covering upwards of 30 miles in a day. Another example, hiking the 5.9 mile Gavioto Peak and either the 5.2 mile Grass Mountian or the 8.7 mile Broadcast Peak on the same day. I’ll likely do the 16.9 mile Caliente Mountain on its own.

Any thoughts or recommendations? Please email me if you have comments. Thanks!

Phil Yoho

Email: yohopl@hotmail.com

PS.

Is there a way to reach out directly to Curt Cragg the challenge curator?

Philip replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • SocialHiker

Administrator
    January 17, 2023 at 2:49 pm

Hey Philip!

Pretty sure no-one has hiked all six in a week, because until 2023, these six peaks didn’t have any direct relationship.

We do have an overview of the Central Coast challenge this Thursday evening at 7pm, and Curt will be there to talk about the peaks and answer questions live. You can find the details here.

• Philip

January 17, 2023 at 2:53 pm

Haha! I didn’t mean this year! ;p I’m sure someone has hiked them at some point in time over the years though. Thanks for the info about Thursday. I knew it was coming up, but I couldn’t recall when it was.

• SocialHiker

Administrator
    January 17, 2023 at 2:57 pm

For some reason, the links did not get saved:

Here’s the info on the Zoom overview on Thursday, January 19th

And here’s a link to Curt’s profile.

• Philip

January 17, 2023 at 2:59 pm

Awesome! Thank you

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
: