Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Mount Bachelor Route Changes for 2021

• Mount Bachelor Route Changes for 2021

Posted by Jeff on June 4, 2021 at 2:44 pm

Mount Bachelor opens for hiking beginning June 12th!

In previous years, the Mount Bachelor trail began near the Sunrise lift, with parking outside the gate along Century. Beginning this year, the trail begins at the West Village near the bottom of the Little Pine lift. You can follow the yellow discs posted as “Uphill Route” to find your way to the top.

This route is 6.7 miles roundtrip with 2,742′ vertical gain. Visit https://www.mtbachelor.com/plan-your-trip/summer-activities/hiking for details.

Note that there is still snow on the mountain. I’m planning to hike it on July 16th and will be updating the trail guide on SoCalHiker to reflect the changes to the route.

I can see a couple of advantages to this change. First, there is AMPLE parking at the West Village. Second, there is a store and food service there open during the summer, so if you need sunscreen or something to eat after your hike, you can take advantage of that.

Jeff replied 2 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jeff

Administrator
    July 24, 2021 at 1:02 pm

Just a quick update, I moved my hike date to Monday, July 26th. If you’re on the mountain that morning, say “hi!”

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: