Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Wilsons My Personal Best Mount Wilson – Los Angeles, California

• My Personal Best Mount Wilson – Los Angeles, California

Posted by Christopher on April 2, 2021 at 12:26 pm

I’ve hiked Mount Wilson in Los Angeles a number of times over the years; twice already this year. My last trip up Mount Wilson was a new Personal Best for completing the Mount Wilson Tail Out and Back Route. Here’s the details:

Date: 3-21-2021

Departure: 8:30am

Total Distance: 13.47 miles

Total Ascent: 4,814 feet

Time to Summit: 2 hours 11 minutes

Time to Descend: 1 hour 28 minutes

Total Time: 3 hours 40 minutes

Weather: Clear Sunny Skies, Mid 50s(start) to 60s(finish) at Trailhead, Mid 40s at Summit (I only spent a few moments at the summit as I was soaked in sweat and starting to shiver as soon as I stopped running)

Gear: 2L Camelback, Energy Bars and Candies, Cooling Neck-Gaiter (doubled overhead for moisture control and sun protection), Ultra-light moisture-wicking long-sleeve turtleneck top (sleeves and turtleneck for extra sun protection), Ultra-light moisture-wicking running shorts, Injinji toe-sock liners stuffed inside DarnTough middleweight cushioned quarter-crew hiking socks, Nike Juniper Trail running shoes, Apple watch and iPhone for route/time tracking, and a desire to go go go!

Sonya replied 2 years, 12 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Samantha

April 16, 2021 at 8:36 pm

Sounds like it was a great hiking day, way to go!

• Curtis

April 24, 2021 at 1:49 pm

Nice!

• Sonya

April 30, 2021 at 9:36 am

Wow great time!

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: