Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Wilsons My Wilson Challenge Plan

• My Wilson Challenge Plan

Posted by Jeff on April 2, 2021 at 10:29 am

Hit the REPLY button and share your plan for completing the Wilson challenge.

Here’s mine:

• Mount Wilson – Angeles National Forest – done
    • Wilson Mountain – Sedona
    • Mount Wilson – Red Rocks in Las Vegas
    • Wilson Peak – Henry Coe State Park in NorCal – Thanks to @alpharoaming for the intel!

That leaves two more. I’m interested in the Mount Wilson in Utah, which is a 13er and looks like it requires an overnight backpack trip and some Class 3 scrambling from the saddle.

There is a Mount Wilson in Central Oregon but it’s on the Warm Springs Reservation, and I need to research what their rules are about hiking on their land.

There is also a Mount Wilson in Colorado that is a 14er that sounds interesting, but I don’t know if I’ll make it out there this summer.

The other five I’d love to do this summer. I’m hoping to swing a trip down to Las Vegas and Northern Arizona to hike both of those challenges, and I’ll be fully vaccinated by the end of April. Right now, it looks like I may be able to complete the challenge sometime in 2022.

Christopher replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Christopher

April 2, 2021 at 11:05 am

I’m interested in a road trip to the Vegas and Sedona Wilsons with anyone willing!

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: