Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Patches for Milestones?

• Patches for Milestones?

Posted by Dale on February 27, 2020 at 10:19 am

Are there Physical Patches for Milestones? For example, do we receive a patch for being a Finisher and whatever other accomplishments we may achieve? (Original 6, Alternative 6, SD 6, 12, or 18 finisher) I completed my first 6 last weekend and have my virtual badge on my profile, just curious about the other SWAG 🙂

Thanks!
    Dale

Jeff replied 3 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    March 1, 2020 at 5:34 am

We will have additional swag available at the Finishers Party in October. For the 2019 SoCal challenge we had Finisher stickers, t-shirts and posters.

Patches are challenging because of the long lead time to produce. On the new challenges, we’ve changed from sending out a patch with the welcome packet to awarding patches to finishers only, and only at the end of the challenge. We might do something similar for the 2021 SoCal challenge. Our goal is to reduce waste by ordering a number of patches that allows sufficient extras, without ending up with too many that nobody needs or wants.

Stickers have a very short production turnaround, and give us much more flexibility. T-shirts, posters and hats are even easier, because they are all produced on-demand (no inventory maintained).

Apart from the patch you asked about, what sort of swag would you love to see?

• Naaman

April 28, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Any chance of getting individual peak patches, stickers or benchmarks for the NorCal peaks like there is for SoCal and some of the challenges? What about challenge or peak specific flags or banners? Would those be too difficult or expensive to produce, or would you be able to do something like that on demand like shirts?

• Jeff

Administrator
    April 30, 2020 at 4:48 pm

Hi Naaman!

We can’t do benchmarks, flags or patches “on demand”. There are sources for on demand stickers, but they tend to be pricey. What we could do is order stickers and stock those, and possibly patches if there is enough demand. I’ll send out a survey and see what kind of interest there is.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: