Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Six pack of peaks done in a week?

• Six pack of peaks done in a week?

Posted by Dalton on February 16, 2020 at 8:48 pm

I have looked around and I have seen discussion about people aiming to do the six pack of peaks in a week however later updates people have shared state they actually didn’t do it. As of what i have been able to find no one has done this yet. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Dalton replied 4 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Gabe

February 17, 2020 at 8:05 am

It has been done a number of times by many different people

• Jeff

Administrator
    February 18, 2020 at 8:54 pm

I’m assuming you’re referring to the SoCal Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge. Yes, there are several people that have done it in six days and two that did it in less than 48 hours. Not recommended. 😉

• Davi

February 19, 2020 at 9:10 pm

It most likely not the Original 6. Since there have been several other peaks added that don’t require big E.G. or upwards of 20 miles to complete….it is possible.

• Jeff

Administrator
    February 19, 2020 at 9:21 pm

Actually, both examples I mention ARE the original six. @roppelaar was the first to hike all six in six days, and about a week later, @rx4sudo and @jae-bundang did them in under 48 hours.

What makes the sub-48 hour record so notable is that they didn’t do the six in the most efficient order. They first wanted to complete the 24-hour 3-Saints Challenge (San Antonio, San Jacinto and San Gorgonio) because they were pretty sure they could do that, but weren’t certain about the full six peaks. So they ended up doing a lot of extra driving to backtrack.

• Dalton

February 19, 2020 at 9:37 pm

All 6 in under 48 hours is quite the challenge. Thank you for the reply with the official people who completed it!

One last question if you don’t mind, did they complete San Jacinto by the Cactus to Clouds route (20 miles 10,500 elevation gain – one way) or up the back way from cabazon/banning?

• Jeff

Administrator
    February 19, 2020 at 9:47 pm

No, they followed the “rules” set forth for A16’s 3-Saints Challenge — taking the Palm Springs Tram up and hiking from there.

• Dalton

February 20, 2020 at 11:50 am

Ahh gotcha. I ask because I have set aside some time in early summer to attempt the original six as fast as I can but I think for San jacinto I might attempt the back way unless I feel bold enough (and my body feels strong enough) to climb the face catucs to clouds route and then tram down.

The route would be Mt Wilson, Mt San Antonio, Cucamonga Peak, San Bernardino peak, San Gorgonio, and finish strong with San Jacinto.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: