Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire Social Hiker app issue

• Social Hiker app issue

Posted by Kevin on February 5, 2023 at 6:10 am

I have an Samsung S21 Ultra. I downloaded the app and when I attempt to log a hike, everything works expect the area to do the writeup. If I hit “return”, it adds several lines instead of one, hitting backspace does the same, the screen won’t scroll back up, and I have to start over but it never works. I always end up on the computer to make a hike log. Frustrating because all of my pics are on my phone. I have deleted the app and reinstalled but same issue. Everything else on the app seems to work except being able to writeup the hike.

Am I missing something or is it a known issue with the app?

Thanks,

Kevin

SocialHiker replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    February 5, 2023 at 6:39 am

Thanks for the heads up. We have an Android phone for testing, but I use an iPhone. We will dig into the issue this week. Are you able to send a bug report via the Android app?

• SocialHiker

Administrator
    February 7, 2023 at 4:46 pm

Kevin,

I’ve opened a support ticket to track this issue. I tested with my Android phone running the latest version of the app and I didn’t have the problem you described. I think the first thing to check is that you’re running the latest version. If you go to Settings > About you should see Core Version 1.8.9 and Build Version 0.1.8 (19).

• Kevin

February 12, 2023 at 6:29 am

Jeff

Yes, versions are correct.

I have another question. I see other hiking post that are not part of the sixpackofpeaks, how do I post hikes in-between the six main hikes? The only way I can find to post a hike is to select the one group I am in, San Diego, and then the drop down only list the six peaks.I seen one yesterday for potato chip rock. A lady posted with her dog, that hike is not part of the San Diego peaks and it was a hike log.

Thanks,

Kevin

• SocialHiker

Administrator
      February 12, 2023 at 8:08 am

Actually, Mount Woodson (aka Potato Chip Rock) has been added to the San Diego challenge for 2023! There are seven peaks total, giving you some flexibility — you can log them all or mix-and-match six of the seven.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: