Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire Tough Mudder Los Angeles/ Glen Helen Apr. 1 2023

• Tough Mudder Los Angeles/ Glen Helen Apr. 1 2023

Posted by Chris on November 26, 2022 at 9:43 am

Hello community my wife and I just signed up for the LA/Glen Helen April 1, 2023 12:00pm-12:45pm 5K Tough Mudder. This would be our first event like this. By the time of the event many of us are already into the Six Peak hikes so in decent shape and both the hikes and this event can be used as a training tool for one or the other. I was just throwing this out there in case anyone is interested but can’t find others to join them which would keep them from doing it. If you are interested the link is below and there’s still a Black Friday discount code to use.

If anybody else already has a team or is looking to add people for the same event, distance and start time let me know in the comments below.

Chris Alstrand

Link To Registration:

Join me at Tough Mudder Los Angeles 2023 on April 1, 2023! https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=81416832&rc=X-4JF81BH5&rf=4e695daf1c624c30a133d8119976af00&ts=E

Black Friday Discount Code: BF302022

Chris replied 1 year, 2 months ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    November 29, 2022 at 4:09 pm

Pretty cool idea. I haven’t done any of these events, but it sounds like “fun.” I hope you get some recruits!

• Chris

November 30, 2022 at 9:01 am

Thanks Jeff. If you find yourself in SoCal in April and want to join in we’d love to have you.

• Jaclyn

December 13, 2022 at 4:39 pm

ohhhhhhhhhh this is tempting! I did a few Tough Mudders when I lived in OKC. My buddy and I would drive down to Dallas for it. I think when we did them, they were around 10 to 12 miles. I’ve been meaning to get back to it…

• Chris

December 13, 2022 at 8:54 pm

Yeah it looks fun and challenging. We’re just dipping our toes by doing the 5K. But they also have 10K & 15K at the same event.

• Jaclyn

December 14, 2022 at 7:38 pm

it is an amazing community of folks. I really love that it’s not a race, and that is heavily emphasized.

• Victoria Weiss

February 2, 2023 at 8:27 pm

Definitely an amazing and positive vibe. I ran the Dallas 15k last year! It had poured for like 12 hrs the day before so it was EXTRA extra muddy!

• Victoria Weiss

February 2, 2023 at 8:21 pm

Hi! I was so excited to see your post because I absolutely love doing Tough Mudders! I would have loved to meet up but looks like I’ll miss you by a day as we are running the LA/Glen Helen one on Sunday the 2nd!

If you end up enjoying it, there’s one in Lake Elsinore in early December!

• Chris

February 3, 2023 at 5:25 am

Glad to hear you enjoyed doing the Tough Mudder! We actually had to move to the December event due to a bad ankle sprain my wife got. We’re only 30 minutes south of Lake Elsinore so it’s works out really nicely. Any tips you would give a newbie to the event? Thanks

• Victoria Weiss

February 3, 2023 at 7:25 pm

Totally! It sounds obvious but as far as clothing goes, just avoid anything with cotton and stick with stuff that won’t hold water and that will dry quickly since you’ll be wet and muddy for much of the course. I usually wear compression-type leggings and I have an old pair of Merrell barefoot trail runners that work great because the water drains out quickly.

There’s a great sense of camaraderie on the course so feel free to cheer other people on and give them a hand or a boost! The obstacles are meant to be more fun and challenging than anything else.

I’ll actually be at the December event too, volunteering on Sat and participating on Sun, so maybe see you guys there! Also, happy hiking! 🙂

• Chris

February 4, 2023 at 6:46 am

Cool, thanks for the tips. It looks like we’re on the right track clothing wise. Happy hiking and maybe we’ll see you at the end of the year!

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: