Welcome to the 12-Week Hike Fit Challenge! Introduce yourself.

• Sherri Richardson

Challenger
    January 3, 2023 at 8:04 pm

Hi all! Late start this week but just found this group. I am working on improving my fitness for a hiking trip to Portugal at end of March. Need to work on improving on climbs since I live in Florida. Also endurance for all day hiking.

• Sarah Tiehen

Challenger
    January 4, 2023 at 12:36 am

Hi all!! I moved back to SoulCal from Seattle a month ago, (where the hikes are overcrowded so) I lost my stamina and motivation! Before this I lived in Western Massachusetts for one month and all the hikes I did were pretty basic and flat, though beautiful.

I just joined the 6pack of Peaks and plan on hiking half dome in March with the cables down!! I‘m excited and terrified!! I've done Mt.Whitney, Sill & sections of the JMT as well as rim to rim a long time ago so I feel like I”m starting over…

I try to go to the gym 3-5x/week but looking for more outdoor inspiration and to reconnect with hiking and like-minds here!! Thanks for the inspo!

• Wendy Maule

Challenger
    January 4, 2023 at 6:05 pm

Hello all! Completed the Kalalau Trail in October and have fallen off the fitness/hiking wagon due to the cold midwestern winter. 🙁 Using this group to get back at it and get ready for my second trip in the Grand Canyon to Havasau Falls in Supai, AZ

• Jessica

Challenger
    January 5, 2023 at 7:35 am

Hello! I am here to get back to the basics and condition myself for longer, more strenuous hiking. I lived in Colorado for years and started hiking Pikes Peak via the Crags once a year with my friend. It was hard, but a great day for both of us to challenge ourselves and connect. I’ve lived in California now for about 5 years and I haven’t done much hiking at all. A couple times I’ve been to Crystal Cove, but more of a gym rat these days. When I go to visit Colorado, my friend wants to knock out more 14ers while I am there. In October, we did the DeCaLiBron Loop and it was very difficult for me – we only hit 3 of the 4 peaks. Aside from the thin air, I didn’t feel strong going up and it sucked coming down — I just need to be better. I have muscle strength, but my endurance and cardio needs a healthy boost. Look forward to this challenge with you all. Happy New Year!!!

Page 2 of 2

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: