Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire Central Coast Challenge

• Central Coast Challenge

Posted by Philip on February 3, 2023 at 9:42 pm

Hey all! I’m travelling up to Gilroy in a few weeks for some training. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me on a few of the challenge hikes. I plan to do Bishop Peak on Friday, Feb 17th and Allan Peak on Saturday, Feb 18th. And I may do Caliente Mountain the following week. Either the 23rd or 24th. My pace will be a little slower than moderate. If you’re interested, let me know here, through email at yohopl@hotmail.com, or on Messenger @philip.l.yoho

A little background on me. I’m an avid hiker. I’m normally on a trail every weekend and I’ve been doing these Six Pack Challenges for 8 years now. I’m well verse in land navigation and route finding in any terrain. I’m a CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor and a Certified Wilderness First Responder through NOLS.

Philip replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jeff

Administrator
    February 16, 2023 at 9:20 pm

@pancanman you interested?

• Will

February 19, 2023 at 8:34 pm

Hey Phillip, Unfortunately just reading this and would have been happy to join you this weekend. Can’t join you next weekend for your Caliente plans as I have some family commitments. Hope your were able to get Bishops in at least. Keep and eye on the weather next weekend as well. Caliente is pretty renote.

• Philip

March 14, 2023 at 3:35 pm

My turn! ;p

Just now reading your response. Thanks! I was able to do both Bishop and Alan Peaks on Feb 17th and 18th. I cancelled my plans for Caliente on Feb 24th due to the approaching snowstorms. Plus I needed to be back down in Oceanside by Sunday, Feb 26th. I was coming from Gilroy and had I not cancelled and driven straight through on Feb 23rd, I would definitely have been one of those vehicles stuck on the Grapevine. Now just trying to figure out when to reschedule.

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: