Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire May Theme: Chasing Waterfalls

• May Theme: Chasing Waterfalls

Posted by Jeff on May 2, 2022 at 1:34 pm

Our theme for the month of May is about chasing waterfalls… because not EVERY hike leads to a summit. 💦

Share your favorite waterfall photo as a reply to this discussion!

THE RULES:

It must be a photo that you took. Let us know where it is, and when you took the photo.

I’ll start with this photo I took of McWay Falls along the Big Sur coast in 2015. I’m really proud of how this photo came out, in spite of the cloudless sky. This isn’t much of a “hike” (more of a stroll from the parking area) but wow so pretty.

Emma replied 1 year, 11 months ago 8 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Sunny

May 2, 2022 at 5:03 pm

Utah lower calf creek falls in April 2022. Love this theme! I am going on a hiking trip to chase waterfalls in Oregon this month, excited to see everyone’s pictures!

• Sheryl

May 5, 2022 at 8:15 pm

Cedar creek falls 3/31/2019 when SoCal got a lot of rain. Did a lot of waterfall hikes that year.

• Lesley

May 21, 2022 at 10:49 am

I grew up in Ramona and we used to go there all the time.

• Jenny

May 11, 2022 at 11:40 pm

Black Star Canyon Falls in Orange County. 1/29/2022 Beautiful waterfall that looks like a heart.

• Michael Forys

May 13, 2022 at 8:41 am

Eaton Canyon Falls in Alta Dena, CA around February 2022. The trail can be a little crowded, but the waterfall is worth it!

• Chris

May 21, 2022 at 10:26 am

Skógafoss waterfall in Iceland 2021. It’s special to me because it’s usually hard to get this close to the base of this big of a waterfall, 197 feet tall and 82 feet across. In getting this picture I got completely drenched as in water pouring out of every pant & jacket pocket and water leaking out of my waterproof hiking boots all in about 5 seconds! I love how it dwarfs me.

• Lesley

May 21, 2022 at 10:47 am

Seljalandsfoss in Iceland is so cool because you can walk behind it. The landscape in iceland is so stunning in it’s contrasts.

• Emma

May 25, 2022 at 7:18 pm

Turtleback falls in North Carolina 🙂 you can slide down like a waterslide!

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: