Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Tagged: 

• Jeff

Administrator
    February 8, 2018 at 4:05 pm

Hey Jackie! You can hike Baden-Powell from any route you choose. Vincent Gap is the most popular, but they are all challenging.

• Jackie Tarlow

February 8, 2018 at 4:20 pm

Thank you!

• Serpico

February 8, 2018 at 4:41 pm

I started at Vincent Gap but ran into some folks at the summit that said they hiked via the Dawson Saddle trailhead.

• Philip

February 13, 2018 at 2:07 pm

We hiked up from Islip Saddle TH and then exited through Vincent Gap. Excellent hike! You will also be able to summit a few other peaks going this route. Requires staging of vehicles though.

• Jackie Tarlow

February 14, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Thanks for the input!

• Vickie Gaddy

February 17, 2018 at 2:33 pm

Quick question on driving to Vincent Gap TH from Westside: Why doesn’t Google Maps allow you to travel all the way up Highway 2 out of La Canada? Isn’t this the most reasonable route, given no recent storm activity? Planning for Tuesday, 2/20. Feedback please. Thanks in advance.

• Philip

April 4, 2018 at 4:39 pm

@Vickie there are intermittent closures on the 2 for repairs, weather, slides, etc. Before I went up I called Caltrans and the Visitors Center to verify if the roads were open or closed.

• Philip

April 4, 2018 at 4:40 pm

Oh, I used Google Maps too, and it showed it was closed, even when the road was open.

• Leigh T

April 9, 2018 at 10:10 am

google maps has had the vincent gap issue for months now – i hiked it in january and it was showing as closed too. Waze, despite being owned by Google is much better and shows the routes via the 2 and 138 etc. Go Waze!

• Vuong Tran

April 14, 2018 at 10:03 pm

I just hiked Mt Baden-Powell via Vincent Gap today and it was amazing. Lots of switchbacks. I haven’t done the other routes but I would definitely recommend the Vincent Gap trail.

Also met a couple of Six-Pack of Peaks hikers as well (Jennifer & David) who were super nice! Super cool running into other hikers who are doing the Six Pack of Peaks!!

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: