Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge™ Q&A Question about SO CAL Six Pack, SAWMILL MOUNTAIN

• Jeff

Administrator
    May 16, 2022 at 1:00 pm

Hi Shawnee! Yes, that AllTrails link shows the route to Sawmill Mountain. Note that it also includes Mount Pines (on the way to Sawmill) and Grouse Mountain (which adds mileage and vertical gain and is not required for the Six-Pack of Peaks).

If you do Grouse, Sawmill and Pinos (as the AllTrails route shows) you’ll qualify for the 3-2-1 Hiking Challenge: https://www.mymountainchamber.com/321-challenge

• Sherri

November 1, 2023 at 10:11 am

Hi Jeff

I’m a little confused about how the 3-2-1 Challenge works. If I do Mt.Pinos, Sawmill & Grouse will the three peaks I completed that day count on my So Cal Six-Pack of Peaks to finish??

Or do I need to complete two more on the list to be complete?

• Jeff

Administrator
      November 1, 2023 at 12:07 pm

Hi Sherri! The 3-2-1 challenge is not organized or affiliated with the Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge. It’s run by the Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce, and you can read more about it here: https://www.mymountainchamber.com/321-challenge

ONE of the peaks in the 3-2-1 challenge is Sawmill, which is also a peak in the SoCal Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge. So a lot of Six-Pack challengers will do Sawmill, and ALSO do Pinos (which is on the way to Sawmill) and Grouse (which adds mileage, but isn’t too bad). That way they not only get one badge in the Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge (for Sawmill) but can also complete the 3-2-1 challenge.

Does that make sense?

• Sherri

November 1, 2023 at 5:29 pm

Yes! That you so much for clarifying that! Well I’m definitely going this weekend to do all three peaks!

• Shawnee

May 24, 2022 at 11:26 pm

Thank you so much Jeff! We did it today and it was awesome! 🙂

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: