Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire Show us your adventure dog!

• Paulina

May 7, 2022 at 8:53 am

My 8mo pup in training for an adventure dog. No big hikes for her till she is older. Enjoying local hikes though 🐶

• Sonia

June 26, 2022 at 9:43 pm

Yes, I’m in the same boat here. I have a soon to be six month old puppy…smaller trails for now. Congrats on your beautiful pup~

• Ethan

June 7, 2022 at 4:31 pm

The June theme is hiking with your pet.

Here is a picture of my adventure buddy, Pepper! She is a two year old black lab mix and has never found a hike long enough to tire her out.

• Sonia

June 26, 2022 at 9:42 pm

I look forward to getting my high energy puppy out there when he is full grown. Fun to see yours enjoying so much trail time~

• Esmeralda Rubio

June 13, 2022 at 9:18 pm

I usually take my puppy to most of my hikes, The longest hikes is more than 10 miles

• Sonia

June 26, 2022 at 9:41 pm

This is so wonderful!

• Dindy

June 30, 2022 at 10:10 pm

Great picture!

• Sonia

June 26, 2022 at 9:40 pm

Love this!

• Pam

June 29, 2022 at 8:14 pm

We mostly walk or run in our neighborhood, but my Husky does enjoy some of the shorter trails when it isn’t so hot.

• Jeff

Administrator
      June 30, 2022 at 3:31 pm

What a beautiful dog!

My two labradoodles are powder-puffs. They melt when the temperature gets above 80f. They do much better in cool or even cold, snowy weather.

They have done a number of peaks in the Six-Pack of Peaks Series, including Volcan Mountain (San Diego), Sutton Mountain and Black Butte (Oregon), and Mission Peak (used to be in the NorCal challenge).

• Dindy

June 30, 2022 at 7:24 am

Has anyone ever come across a snake, cougar, or bear while out with your dog? If so, how did your dog react?

• Tony

July 1, 2022 at 9:25 pm

Fortunately I have not had an encounter with my dog but on my own, yes.

• Dindy

July 6, 2022 at 7:13 am

What did you encounter?

• Tony

July 6, 2022 at 8:04 am

I have encountered many snakes 🐍 including rattle snakes. I’ve encountered a few bears 🐻 and once a mountain lion 🦁 on my hikes. Unfortunately or fortunately, I did not get a chance to take picture of the mountain lion.

• Dindy

July 7, 2022 at 10:49 am

Wow, those are great pictures! Do you carry anything with you for protection? I don’t, but I wonder if I should. This is a new area for me and they are new things to beware of (snakes).

• Amy Leonard

August 1, 2022 at 7:59 am

Electric Mayhem aka Ellie May

• Amy Leonard

August 1, 2022 at 8:00 am

My pic didn’t post. I guess you have to imagine what she looks like haha

• Amy Leonard

August 1, 2022 at 10:37 am

The photo didn’t post. Imagine her I guess!

• Jaclyn

August 1, 2022 at 4:56 pm

Maggie May, our 10-year-old black lab / Australian cattle dog mix. We moved to L.A. five years ago, and Maggie has covered many miles, including during last year’s Six-Pack SoCal challenge when she hiked Mt. Baden Powell, Cucamonga, Ontario and Baldy! She is truly my favorite hiking partner.

Page 2 of 2

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: