Discussion Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with hikers
around the country.

Homepage Forums Campfire Your 2022 Adventure Goals

Tagged: , ,

• Your 2022 Adventure Goals

Posted by Jeff on September 8, 2021 at 11:51 am

Wish you could have more big adventures next year? Stop wishing, and start setting goals.

A dream written down becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true.” – Greg Reid

What are your adventure goals for 2022? Let’s start now, because big adventure usually requires a year of planning.

Reply with your goals for 2022.

Cara Cooley replied 1 year, 7 months ago 39 Members · 46 Replies
  • 46 Replies
  • Jeremy

September 10, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Right now my goal is to hike Mt. Shasta next spring. Has anyone else hiked Shasta before? Any tips on how to get ready for Shasta?

• Jeff

Administrator
      September 11, 2021 at 4:30 am

I climbed Shasta in 2018 via Avalanche Gulch. Check out my write-up and don’t miss the tips and tricks section near the bottom.
      It’s a great goal! ?

• Cecilia Zavestoski

December 31, 2021 at 4:00 pm

To complete SoCal six pack for 3rd year in a row. This year to do the peaks I haven’t done before and also Mount Wilson again. Also to get my lifetime NP pass and add at least new NP to my list of visited parks.

• Rob

September 23, 2021 at 12:19 am

Hoping to do Whitney next year now that I have completed my first Six Pack of Peaks challenge (and am aiming to do so again next year before Whitney).

• Stephanie

December 31, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Yes! I definitely want to summit Whitney too 🙂

• Philip

September 24, 2021 at 1:29 pm

2022 Goals: Hmmm. San Diego, SoCal, NorCal, Nevada, AZ Six Packs of Peaks, 3 California 14ers, and complete the Sierra Club San Diego 100 Peaks Challenge. Maybe an “unofficial” Fool’s Traverse. ?

• Jeff

Administrator
    September 24, 2021 at 2:21 pm

In 2022, I’m going to do the Central Oregon and New England Six-Pack of Peaks Challenges. I’m also planning a grand backpacking loop in Idaho’s Sawtooth Mountains, and some more bikepacking treks (maybe revisiting the Oregon Timber Trail?).

I’d also like to backpack the Timberline Trail around Mount Hood, time permitting.

We are going to be road-tripping across the country to New England in July, spending the entire month of August at our basecamp in Vermont. In September, we’re hoping to hit Maine, Massachusetts, and then make our way back home.

• Kristin

October 12, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Love that you’re planning the Timberland Trail. I saw Lucy after she and her husband completed it and it sounds like an amazing trek.

• Tess Hooper

September 29, 2021 at 3:48 pm

I’m hoping to complete the Lost Coast trail next spring. I was supposed to do it in August but had to cancel due to fires/smoke 🙁 permits open this Friday so I’m hoping to nab a good weekend. Also want to backpack across Santa Rosa Island!

• Kristin

October 12, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Climb Mt. Baker, complete the PNW Six-Pack of Peaks and begin our family adventure of visiting all 63 of the U.S. National Parks.

• Pamela

November 18, 2021 at 8:39 pm

My Goals for 2022: To complete the San Diego, and SoCal Six Pack of Peaks Challenges I just registered for! To go through the (10) week Basis Wilderness Course through the Sierra Club starting January 18, 2022! To go one my first backpacking trip on the Trans Catalina Trail (TCT), and make it a (5) day trip sometime in May! Make it to Yosemite early September to do some backpacking; still dreaming up the plan! The rest of the year just simply embracing the local trails every chance I get with family, and good hearted friends!

Happy Trails Everyone

• skz

December 4, 2021 at 10:12 am

Muchos cosas, amigos. Muchos cosa para todos.

• Jannette

December 7, 2021 at 11:25 am

2022 Goal is to hike other 6pop challenges beyond SoCal & SD?

• Tony

December 9, 2021 at 7:41 am

My goal for 2022 is to go back to Mexico to complete Iztaccihuatl. I hiked this volcano last year but only went up to the first peak or what they refer to as the toes of the sleeping woman. The volcano has the distinct peaks which are referred to as the head, breasts and knees as depicted in the picture below. The volcano has a legendary tale that makes it that much more intriguing.

• Jaclyn

December 13, 2021 at 10:49 am

Great question. Let’s see: For next year’s Socal challenge, I wanna hike Mt. San Jacinto and Mt. San Gorgonio, and do Baldy again.

Really hoping to do Half Dome, and also Mt. Whitney if I can get an overnight permit (not sure I could do it in a day!)

I’ve never been backpacking, so I’m hoping to get at least a few trips under my belt. I will probably do an easy one somewhere close in Angeles NF. Big goal is to take a backpacking trip to an alpine lake, maybe the Little Lakes Valley Trail. Recommendations very welcome.

• Cecilia

December 31, 2021 at 2:28 pm

I highly recommend the Trans-Catalina Trail for a first-time backpacking trip. Check out the Hiking Guy blog for a terrific guide.

• Jennifer

December 31, 2021 at 2:05 pm

My adventure goals for 2022 are:

Backpacking with my sons

Hike Whitney

Hike 100-200 miles of PCT

Six peaks northern CA

More family day hikes

• Lisa Holt

December 31, 2021 at 2:20 pm

This year’s goal will be either Utah or Oregon! Haven’t decided yet…

• Ali

December 31, 2021 at 2:23 pm

My 2022 Adventure goals include completing Arizona Summer Challenge, potentially Arizona Winter Challenge, 2022 Vegas Challenge (if it’s happening!) and hiking in Alaska during our cruise in June. Hoping for a healthy and safe 2022 for everyone so we can all complete our adventure goals! 🙂

• Cecilia

December 31, 2021 at 2:26 pm

I’m hoping to hike Half Dome and San Gorgonio, and complete the Trans-Catalina Trail. (I made it most of the way through the TCT last week before the rains caused trail closure.) I’m also entering the lotto to do Rim-to-Rim in 2023.

Page 1 of 3

AZ Winter 20% off early-bird rate ends in

:
:
: