Our 2nd Annual Arizona Winter Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge wrapped up on April 30th, and this year was our best ever!
Of the 319 challengers, we had 94 finishers. Together, the challengers logged 635 hikes! And from November 1st to April 30th, challengers helped raise over $4,400 for the awesome Big City Mountaineers — a fantastic non-profit organization that helps give under-resourced kids transformative wilderness experiences.
New for 2020
We introduced two new features with this challenge — a special embroidered “finishers” patch and Certificate of Achievement for all of the finishers.
To celebrate their summits, we held a virtual Finishers Party on Zoom. It worked out well, especially since some of our finishers were snowbirds who had since travelled away from Arizona. Holding it online allowed them to join in no matter where they were located.
Gear Giveaway Winners
Also at the Finishers Party, we drew the names of the gear giveaway winners:
- Max Fairchild – an Arizona Winter Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge-branded Nalgene water bottle
- Katrina Santellano – a UCO Hundred headlamp
- Sarah Hornbeck – an Arizona Winter Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge-branded Hydro Flask water bottle
- Alana Moulton – an REI Ruckpack 18 day pack
- Kristen Szewczyk – a Garmin inReach Mini satellite communicator
Wrapping It All Up
The 2020 Arizona Summer Six-Pack of Peaks Challenge is going on now, with six peaks at higher, cooler elevations in and around Sedona, Flagstaff and Williams. Learn more here.